We have had a fantastic response for enrolments in 2017 in all rooms.
We have offered our first round of external enrolments.
We have limited vacancies on a Friday in Tiggers (preschool room 3-4yrs) if you know of any families requiring care.
To secure your positions for 2017, all families need to pay the difference in their bond by Friday 7/10/16. Please reference the payment BOND 2017 with your child’s name.
If you have a credit of bond, we will apply this to your fees in January 2017.
Start date for your 2017 confirmed enrolment will be the week commencing Thursday 5th January 2017. All new enrolments must start the week commencing the 9th January 2017.
2 weeks notice must be given to withdraw your child or reduce days.
No notice/ reducing of days will be accepted during our closure period (22/12/16 – 4/01/17)
Your child’s current enrolment pattern must be ongoing throughout the remainder of 2016 to maintain your confirmed 2017 enrolment. Any notice / withdrawal will void this confirmation.
Payment of the bond secures your position and confirms your understanding of the above agreement.
Children from Eeyores and Tiggers Place will be participating in orientation if they are moving up a room for 2017. We will do this in small groups to ensure ratios are being met. If your child has participated in orientation, we will let you know. We will be working closely with all families on any strategies to assist with our transitions.
Children participating in orientation for BIG school are to be taken by their parents/family and returned to Hunny Pots by their family. Due to regulations, we cannot take or pick up the children from school orientation.
We have had a lot of questions lately regarding family holidays.
The information highlighted below is in your parent handbook. All families signed their consent form, upon enrolment, to say they have read the handbook and agree to the terms.
If a child is to be absent, parents are asked to notify the centre as soon as possible, and inform the centre of the estimated length of absence. Please let the centre know if your child is ill with an infectious disease to allow staff to keep an eye out for similar symptoms in other children.
Absences are still to be paid for e.g. illness, day off, school holidays or family holidays etc.
If you wish to take an extended holiday and require your position to be available upon return, you will need to pay for this position throughout the leave time. If you choose to cancel your child’s enrolment, we unfortunately cannot guarantee your child’s position on your return.
We respect the family’s decision to either keep the position or cancel their child’s enrolment – however, we always remind each family about our lengthy waitlist. When you have given your two weeks’ notice – we fill this position immediately. It is difficult to get this position back.
POOH’S CORNER CHILDREN
All Pooh’s Corner enrolments finish on Wednesday 21st December 2016. We can apply your bond back to your account if the balance owing is less than the bond being held. Any credit, after the last CCB/CCR payments have cleared, will be refunded to you early/mid January 2017. Please provide your bank details to ensure this smooth process.
We will be putting a list of the names of Pooh’s Corner children on the laundry door – please write in the name of the school your child is attending for 2017. For those children returning to Hunny Pots in 2017, please proudly write HUNNY POTS!
Please remember, our Sun Protection Policy states for all children to wear a broad brimmed, legionnaire’s style hat, or bucket style hat – NO BASEBALL HATS ALOWED.
Also, children must wear clothing that covers their shoulders – NO SINGLETS, STRAP DRESSES, MUSCLE TOPS OR THONGS ALLOWED.
This is to encourage lifelong sun protection skills for your child.
Miss Britney finished on Friday 30th September. She has decided t study child care fulltime and persue modeling. We wish her the best for her future.
TRANSITION TO SCHOOL STATEMENTS
We are continuing to implement Transition to School Statements for the children going to school next year.
Our Pooh’s Corner teachers are currently working on the statements – with family consent, these statements will be sent electronically to the school their child is attending mid October.
Families will complete a consent form for this information to be passed on.
We are honored to be working in partnership with families and schools to transition our children to school in 2017.
Please see below our Enrolment policy.
Poohs Corner eye testing – NSW health. Friday 21st and Tuesday 25th October.
– End of Year Party – Friday 9th DECEMBER from 4.30pm at Hunny Pots ELC.
– Pooh’s Corner Lollipops Graduation Party – Tuesday 20th DECEMBER 2016 6-8pm at Castle Hill Lollipops Playland. More details to follow.
Centre Closure over the Christmas break
We will be operating up to and including Wednesday 21st December 2016 and reopening on Thursday 5th January 2017.
All existing enrolments commence from the 5th January 2017.
HUNNY POTS EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
To ensure that each child’s enrolment is completed as per our legal requirements. Additionally, we aim to ensure that each child and family receives an enrolment and orientation process that meets their needs, allowing the family and child to feel safe and secure in the level of care that we provide.
Our service accepts enrolments of children aged between 0-6 years.
Enrolments will be accepted providing:
– The maximum daily attendance does not exceed the approved number of places of the service.
– Child-educator ratios are maintained across the service (in each room).
– Room space
– A vacancy is available.
When a family has indicated their interest in enrolling their child in our service, the following will occur:
– A tour of our service. During this tour, the educator conducting the tour will give the family information about the service including, but not limited to, programming methods, meals, incursions, inclusion, fees, policies, procedures, our status as a Sun Smart service, regulations for our state and the licensing and assessment process, signing in and out procedure, the National Quality Framework, room routines, educator qualifications, introduction of educator in the room the child will be starting in and educator and parent communication. Families are also invited to ask any questions they may have.
– Discussions are held between office staff and families regarding availability of days, a start date and tailoring an orientation process to suit the needs of the family and child. Families are informed of the Priority of Access Policy, and have their position assessed as to how they place within this system. Any matters that are sensitive of nature, such as discussing a child’s medical needs, Court Orders, parenting plans or parenting orders, will be discussed privately with the Nominated Supervisor at this time. We request that parents begin to fill out enrolment forms at that time, and discuss their child with us so we can accommodate their needs in the service from the first day they start with us. Should a child use English as a second language, or speak another language at home, we request that families provide us with some key words in the languages the child speaks at this time so that educators can learn the words.
– Families receive a emailed confirmation letter asking them to:
We ask that you please come in for a visit to collect your enrolment package and pay the (non refundable) application fee of $75 by ……..
Bed sheets are included in the application fee and will be given upon payment of bond/returning enrolment forms.
– Please make contact with Hunny Pots ELC before the above date to ensure you secure your position. Due to a lengthy waitlist, positions will be given to the next family on our waitlist if we have not heard from you before this date. We appreciate your cooperation.
– Please return your completed enrolment forms, pay the bond amount before ………
– The bond required will be two weeks full fees. Your bond will be: ……
– The bond will be refunded upon giving two weeks notice when leaving the centre.
– The bond is non refundable due to non commencement or their new enrolment pattern.
– Families are given an enrolment pack with the enrolment form, consent form and a copy of the Parent Handbook to read and are invited to ask questions. Families are to return the enrolment form, consent form with a copy of immunisation status and birth certificate.
– Families also need to contact the Family Assistance Office (centrelink) to have their eligibility for Child Care Benefit assessed. If these details are available, we will complete the child’s formal enrolment. Should a family still need to access this information, we will complete an informal enrolment until these details are finalised.
– As per our Orientation for Children Policy, families will be invited to bring their child into the service at a time that suits so the child and family can familiarise themselves with the environment.
– Before the child begins their first day with us, the service must have all required documentation/medications for the child. The child will not be accepted into the service without this being completed. All new child documentation will be passed onto educators and cooks.
– Enrolments are for the calendar year – January to December.
Re enrolments each year – We ask our existing families what their requirements are at the end of each year (approx August). We don’t assume each family wants the same care or what their needs are each year. After submitting your form by the requested time, the director will confirm places in a formal letter for the following year.
– Updated bonds are required to secure these positions
Re enrolling families who have been offered and accepted an enrolment pattern for the following year must maintain at least their enrolment pattern at the time they accepted their re enrolment. If days are reduced prior to the end of the year those days will be forfeited for the following year and the family will return to the waiting list for those days.
2 weeks notice to reduce days or withdraw enrolment will not be accepted during closure period (over the Christmas break)
– The bond is non refundable due to non commencement or their new enrolment pattern.
Moving rooms eg: at three years old moving to Tiggers Place from Eeyores Spot.
If your child turns 3 years old before the 31st July, we will endeavor to move them from Eeyore’s room to Tigger’s room. This is based on there being a position available – we will do our best to hold positions; however we can only keep a position open for a short period of time.
When children move to the next room they participate in orientation, this is to assist with a smooth transition to their new room. They have the opportunity to become familiar with their new teachers and children in the room. The previous teacher will pass on information and observation records of the child to the next teacher to ensure consistency and continuity. Please have a conversation with the new room teachers to discuss future goals, any concerns and confirm any allergies.
Children are encouraged to be toilet trained before they go into Tigger’s Place, as there are no nappy changing facilities in this room. – (please refer to toilet training).
On the child’s first day:
– The child and their family are welcomed into their room for the first day.
– The Nominated Supervisor and parents will ensure all details are finalised.
– Other information about our service’s enrolment includes:
– We will try and accommodate families so that children from the same family can attend our service (internal waitlist)
– We encourage all families to immunise their children. Please see our Immunisation Policy for further information. Children’s files will not be filed in the cabinet until they are complete.
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000
Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2001
Child and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
National Quality Standard
Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care) Act 2010
Early Years Learning Framework
The policy will be reviewed annually.
Review will be conducted by:
- Interested Parties
Reviewed: October 2016 Date for next review: October 2017